This selection of services hosts the most activities and offers the most diversity. Our ACE Team and Knowledge Educators provided these activities throughout the month and various activities can change based on parent/student selection and time of year.
This selection of services hosts the most activities and offers the most diversity. Our ACE Team and Knowledge Educators provide these activities throughout the month and various activities can change based on parent/student selection and time of year. This service includes but not limited to these activities:
- Art Classes/Crafts-get creative and use materials to make art. This includes: beads, charcoal, pencil, origami, and much more.
- Sewing Classes-beginner classes using sewing machines and materials. Materials and machines provided. This class is for 10 years and up.
- Music Classes-solo or small group classes learning guitar and other various instruments.
- Weaving-learning traditional techniques of overlay weaving style and/or coil baskets. This can be for both girls and boys but will be culturally appropriate in style for gender.
- Martial Arts-learn various techniques and forms such as self-defense.
- Yoga/Modern Dance-creative movement in a combination of dance, yoga, and improvisation.
- Cooking/Canning Classes-cooking classes for beginners and moderate level(s).
- Gardening–introduction to gardening with plant identification, seedling starts, learning to use planter boxes/raised gardens, how to vegetable and herb garden, and possibly even flower gardening (pruning and landscape). Learn how to maintain and care for your garden (weeding and watering) as well as harvesting.
- Food processing–learn how to process and preserve food(s) with techniques such as: hydrating, smoking, drying and vacuum sealing. These activities may take more than one class to complete. Ex: Acorns-gathering, shelling, grinding, and leaching.
- Woodworking-creating objects out of wood. Projects change based on participation and request.